Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Frustration!

Frustration! It's one of those emotions that I haven't read a lot about. What causes us to be frustrated? Is it, perhaps, that we want life to go our own way so much of the time? Could it be that people are just that: people. We are all part of this broken, beaten earth. We will experience every emotion from pain to joy and everything between the two. Frustration is something I deal with a lot. I want what my heart desires now, and I don't want to wait. I get so frustrated with God, myself, and other people. I have desires placed in my heart by God, and deep down I know one day He will honor those desires. I just get frustrated because yet again it has been revealed to me that I don't run my own life nor do I want to run my life. Frustration is a by-product of striving to achieve wholeness, perfection, and HOLINESS! I yearn to surrender my life and become WHOLLY HIS, but at the same time I'm so frustrated with my failure to do so. Thus I can determine that my own frustration is caused by none other than myself. Frustration is my wanting to take control back over from God, it's the feeling of my wrecking myself with mass devastation being the injure. I'm beginning to feel that if we just let God do as He pleases then a lot of these up-and-down times and bad emotions would flee from us in complete and utter fear. So frustration doesn't have to be a part of our lives. Let's replace it with the God who is forever matchless!

No comments:

Post a Comment