Sunday, September 27, 2009

In Righteous Pursuit or (Let Us Come To Know God Intimately)

"So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD His going forth is as certain as the dawn ; and He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth." - Hosea 6:3

Charles Spurgeon writes, in his devotional The Cheque Book of the Bank of Faith, "Not all at once, but by degrees shall we attain to holy knowledge, and our business is to persevere and learn by little and little. We need not despair, though our progress may be slow, for we shall yet know. The Lord, who has become our teacher, will not give us up, however slow of understanding we may be; for it is not for his honour that any degree of human folly should baffle his skill. The Lord delights to make the simple wise. Our duty is to keep to our main topic, and follow on to know, not this peculiar doctrine nor that, but Jehovah himself. To know Father, Son, and Spirit, the Triune God, this is life eternal: let us keep to this, for in this way we shall gain complete instruction. By following on to know the Lord, we learn healing after being torn, binding up after smiting, and life after death. Experience has its perfect work when the heart follows the trackwayof the Almight Lord. My soul, keep thou close to Jesus, follow on to know God in Jesus, and so shalt thou come to the knowledge of Christ, which is the most excellent of all the sciences. The Holy Ghost will lead thee into all truth. Is not this his gracious office? Rely upon him to fulfill it."

I work at Food City. One day at home this summer while I was clearing the parking lot I became consumed by my thoughts. The day was winding down, I had my iPod on listening to some tunes. I was struck by this phrase: In Righteous Pursuit. Now, what do I mean by "In Righteous Pursuit"? Well, lets just pretend for a moment if we all pursued God with the passion and fierceness and desire with which He pursues us! Can you imagine how our relationship with Him would change and how we would treat each other?

I don't know about all you guys, but I have this gut-wretching yearing to be with God! To pursue Him and His righteousness! To have a relationship with Him like King David did! To sit down with Him and just pour my heart out to Him. To walk in the cool of the evening with Him! I yearn for Him! Now, the point behind my writing this little diddy is this: let us not forget what, or shall I say Who, we came here to know! We came here to know God. To seek Him with all our beings. Let us not get wrapped up in theology, doctrine, grades, or anything else we may let be god of our lives. Yes, it is important to learn what we are being tought here. The defending of our faith is important. Our studies are important! But they pale in comparison to God! When we get down to the root of our being here it is to know God personally, initimately and that we may draw near to Him that He may draw near to us! We chose to come to a Bible college because deep down in us is that desire, that passionate fierce yearing, to be intimate with God which lead us to be here! Let us remember that we didn't just come to learn all these things or be prepared, we came to KNOW God better. To develop and cultivate a relationship with our Daddy! So remember we came to seek God! Let us always remember the Main Topic in our lives!

"From the depths of my heart
The chambers of my soul
The essence of my being I yearn for You with a passionate
Affection of fire and fierceness
Elohim I love You, desire You
I’m in righteous pursuit of You
My passion lies with You
Make Yourself known to me" -DJA

Pursue Holiness and Righteousnes and Goodness and Wholesomeness and Perfection guys! Pursue HIM and Him alone!

In Christ,
David Jonathan Anderson (Proverbs 8:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment